Monday, March 16, 2015

Double Trouble - The Ultimate Big / Little Gift Guide



Being a Big is one of the most fulfilling parts of being in a sorority! I am a member of the Delta chapter of Omega Phi Alpha and recently had the opportunity to get not one, but two new Littles!! I know some Bigs struggle with the financial burden of becoming a Big, but do not fear. For I am here to show you how to do it for $100 or less. Here is my Big/Little gift giving guide to success: 

                  1. HOBBY LOBBY COUPONS. It is best if you have two weeks between finding out who your Little is and having the reveal. Why is this you might ask? Hobby Lobby coupons! If something is not on sale one week it is GOING to be on sale the next. Just be patient. We were given our Littles on a Friday night, which meant we had that Saturday to shop. Then on Sunday all the sale items changed so we could shop different discounted items the week leading up to reveal! 

Some items can be made ahead of time too! Don't procrastinate like I did! Here are some examples of things that can be made ahead of time:


                     2.  FILLERS! Big Items like the ones above are great to add to gift baskets because they take up space and make it look like your Little is getting TONS. T-shirts are always handy for this too! I wrapped mine with flower headbands that my Littles could wear to reveal + it looked super cute. Here are some other items I used as fillers:



                                                               






                     3. Little things your Little will love! Make your little feel extra special by adding unique things you know she will like. Some examples are lotion, a key chain, maybe you know she likes headbands, or an initial decal/ one with the name of your sorority. The possibilities here are endless. I hit up local stores and got some real deals.



We did a puzzle piece scavenger hunt reveal. I wanted my clues to bond the twins so each one of them had a part that went together.



I could not be happier with the finished product! ....and my Littles!!




XOXO

0 comments :

Post a Comment